By ordering our laundry service you agree to the following terms and conditions:
Minimum order size: 2KG or USD$5
While we exercise the utmost care in processing garments and other items entrusted to us, we cannot and will not assume responsibility for inherent weaknesses in the fabric which may result in tears or other minor damages during the laundering process. We cannot guarantee against loss of colour, colour bleeding, shrinkage or damage to delicate fabrics. The onus is on the customer to specify if any items in their load require hand-wash or special care and attention. Jack’s Laundry’s liability with respect to any damages shall not exceed $20 per load regardless of the item(s) condition or brand. We will however treat any and all damage claims on a case-to-case basis.
Any lost items must be reported within 24 hours following delivery; the earlier a lost item is reported to us, the easier it will be to track it down, for instance, in the event that it has been accidentally mixed in with another client’s delivery. Jack’s Laundry makes the best reasonable effort in ensuring minimal loss of items before, during and after the laundering process. Jack’s Laundry’s liability with respect to any lost items shall not exceed $20 per load regardless of the item(s) condition or brand. We will however treat any and all loss claims on a case-to-case basis.
The customer is to ensure loose items such as cash, jewellery, bank cards and cufflinks are removed prior to our collection/the customer dropping off the laundry. We request that customers empty all pockets as we cannot and will not be held responsible for damage to laundered items caused by lipsticks, markers, pens etcetera left in pockets. Similarly, in the event that a customer calls us to notify us of, for instance, a pair of earrings left in a pocket, Jack’s Laundry cannot guarantee that the items will be found and returned to the customer. Jack’s Laundry will however undertake to return any items found and positively identified in a customer’s laundry.
Service days and turnaround time vary by location and nature of laundry items (generally between 24-72hrs). Jack’s Laundry will make its best reasonable effort to adhere to our service schedule. However, we cannot always guarantee precise turnaround times and accept no responsibility for damages and or inconveniences that may occur due to delays in service or other factors beyond our control. Jack’s Laundry undertakes to notify client’s in the event that a delay is foreseen.
Our monthly subscription packages run according to the Jan-Dec calendar month, in the other words, all subscriptions terminate on last date of the given month. Kindly note, blankets, curtains, rugs, mats, carpets, tents, bags, shoes (amongst other items), plus collection and delivery charges, are not included in the package and are therefore charged separately.
Jack’s Laundry is not responsible for:
- Clothing that bleeds, shrinks, or otherwise changes as a result of normal washing.
- Lost articles unless proven that Jack’s Laundry was solely responsible for the loss.
- A garment labelled “hand wash only” or “dry clean only” and is not responsible for checking for these labels in customers’ garments. Please check garments before collection by or delivery to Jack’s Laundry.
- Loss of or damage to any personal or non-cleanable items left in the clothing or bags such as money, jewellery, or anything else. The customer agrees not to leave such items in its clothing or in the collection bags.
- Reserves the right to refuse cleaning any garment.
- Does not guarantee removal of all stains.
- At its sole discretion if it so desires to, will reimburse the customer for lost or damaged clothing in an amount to be determined by Jack’s Laundry Services, not exceeding US$20.